Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lost in Articulation (11/09)

Even now you don’t understand her broken sentences
Dashed with tears and shaky snuffles.
She speaks in riddles disguised as truth, which you take as truth
Misunderstanding longing for loneliness
And desire for friendship.
But how can she expect you to know when being together
Made you both fall apart?
The wall she fastens around her being is plastered with rejection
And dismissal for you while she talks about
A different man.
But what she yearns to say is simple:
I need you
I want you
I love you.
If only I could retrace the path of time and end up in your bed
At 3 am, tipsy but safe because you were there
Watching, protecting
Holding me.
She couldn’t know the truth with too much hostility between their embrace
And now without the murky baggage she has new eyes
That see reality in a past bond.
Her eyes meet the harshness of actions
And finally force her mind to comprehend
The sadness she spawned and the sadness that traps her
Marbled through every stretch of flesh.
When she turns out the light
And goes to sleep it always hits her:
You are happy and I am alone.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter